Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Martyr's Oath (as heard at Hopegivers Graduation)


I take a stand to honor the Lord Jesus, with my hands to save and serve the mankind
I take a stand to honor the Lord Jesus, with my feet to spread the gospel to the uttermost parts
I take a stand to honor the Lord Jesus, with my lips by proclaiming the good  news to all who hear and by edifying the body of Christ
I take a stand to honor the Lord Jesus, with my mind as I meditate upon His word and promises to me
I give my earthly treasures and all that I possess to follow the way of the cross
I commit to love my family, orphans, widows, lepers, the wealthy, and the poor to the way of the Christ
I surrender my will and my life to His will and to His life
I commit to service of the Lord by being a good steward of my time
I surrender this body on earth for the perfect will of Jesus
And should my blood be spilled, may it bring forth a mighty harvest of souls
I pledge allegiance to the  Lamb
I will seek to honor His command
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes
As a soldier of the cross, I stand with the apostle Paul in saying that “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain”
Lord Jesus, Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
I love my India; I love my fellow citizens; I want to show them the love of Christ
Whether by life or death, I must glorify Jesus

No comments: