Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mac vs PC Campaign in BBC's Ballykissangel :)



Been watching BBC's Ballykissangel recently, and I think there could be a possible (unintentional) Mac vs PC campaign in BBC's Ballykissangel. The show is about life in Ballykissangel, a fictional village in Ireland. You can read more about it here.

In the show, there are two priests: Father MacAnally and Father Peter Clifford. You can probably see where I am going with this. Anyway, what the show portrays about Father Mac and Father PC is surprisingly true about a Mac and a PC, respectively. In the show, Father Mac is the not-so-popular-with-the-townspeople priest, and his only supporter seems to be a wealthy business man. On the other hand, Father PC is very popular among the townspeople, people-friendly, and has the support of the common people. I don't think this is what BBC was trying to say, but at least it is in line with my view of Mac vs PC :)

I'm only in Series 2 now. I don't know how either of them would turn out, but PC is still (and probably will remain) my favorite! BTW, if you are a Mac supporter, please don't be upset; Father Mac is not that bad ;)

No comments: